I Have Little but I Have Much
(Bay Area, CA)
Weird title, but it is true. Material possessions, nice things, new and fashionable car, furniture, house - does not exist in my world.
But that does not bother me because what I have is much more important with a far deeper impact on my life and the lives of my family. I remember, quietly, everyday the gratitude I feel for what I DO have in my life, and it is profound.
I am grateful for:
- My husband and the fantastic relationship we have with one another. Our marriage is loving, stable and strong. Because of him I get to journey through the rest of my life with him by my side and grow old together.
- My healthy, robust four-year-old son.
- The free pre-school he attends while we get back on track in this tough economy. This type of schooling could run over $1,000 per month if we had to pay.
- My friends who are giving, supportive and fun to spend time with.
- Our 1994 Volvo that still runs well (knock wood!).
- We are all healthy. Without your health, you cannot enjoy much in life.
- I'm grateful that my parents are still alive and doing relatively well.
- The time I have to take daily walks with my son and have a flexible work schedule.
- I'm grateful for the job I had for the last few months that put extra funds into our account to pay for groceries.
This is the list I go over daily in my head, but if I were to think harder, I could come up with a hundred! Thank you for having a space to get this written out for the world to see.